Search This Blog

Friday 29 July 2011

What is Positive Thinking?


A positive thinker is a person that expects good things to happen. They anticipate
happiness, joy, love, success, and pleasure from every action.
When looking to purchase a television a positive person says, “I am happy and grateful
that I found a television that fits my budget.”
A negative person says or thinks, “I can’t afford the television that I really want.”
When a positive person becomes stuck in traffic, they think, “I’ll be late but now I can
use this time to call my friend,” or “I’m sure this will clear up soon.”
A negative person thinks or says, “I don’t want to be late.” Or “Why does this always
happen to me?”
The difference is subtle to our minds but it is powerful and the difference adds up over
time. Consider what an effect of 10 years of negative thoughts can have on your body,
your relationships, and even your financial status.
Conversely, consider how your life might be different if you’d never had a negative
thought. What habits would you have avoided? What would be different? Often times
people pick up negative habits to soothe their negative thoughts. Overeating, for
example, is often linked to depression and unhappiness. If that depression didn’t exist,
the overeating would vanish. There would be no need to console bad feelings with food.
What would your life be like if, starting today, you never had another negative thought?
What would be different? How would your relationships improve? How would your job
change? What would happen if the people around you never had another negative
thought?
Positive thinking and a positive attitude is contagious. Do you ever find yourself feeling
poorly about yourself or about the world after speaking with a negative person? Do you
ever find yourself smiling for no good reason after someone has showed you an
unexpected kindness? Positive and negative emotions are powerful and they are
infectious. Consider how much you could help your loved one’s lives improve simply by
thinking positively yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment